Creating a long-term advocacy plan to decolonise International Volunteering Service.
February 25th to March 2nd 2024
The Advocacy lab wants to bring together a group of around 20 participants who will be able to develop a long term advocacy strategy for CCIVS and its member organisations and/or are really eager to work on the implementation of the advocacy strategy.
In the lab we will take time to :
- Have a recap of all the work that has been done by the Advocacy team regarding 2 external and 2 internal issues : changing the narrative and
promoting climate justice is targeting IVS organisations. Addressing visa barriers and advocating for decolonising funding mechanisms is targeted towards decision and policy makers.
- Take a look at the results of the analysis of the general questionnaire filled out by many IVS organisations globally.
- Make a map of the stakeholders we need to address in order to achieve our advocacy asks
- Meet some representatives from EU institutions as well as people from different networks and/or organisations working on similar issues
- Build the framework for our advocacy work for the next 2-3 years
More about who can apply, how to do it and some other important detals in this document.