Darmstadt Forest / Germany 12.06. – 19.06.2023
For youth work activists who want to get knowledge and skills and actively
work for climate justice and peace!
- Would you like to get to know people, initiatives and their activities for climate justice?
- Would you like to gain an overview of the global problems caused by global warming and environmental pollution?
- Would you like to share your experience and practice with other international participants and their youth organisation and jointly develop new methods and approaches in the field of sustainability and the UN sustainability goals?
- Would you like to receive official recognition of your participation in this learning experience afterwards? (for more information: Youthpass).
If so, we look forward to receiving your registration!
Global warming is a fundamental threat to all people on earth, but in different ways:
The lifestyle of the rich is the main cause of the greenhouse effect, people in the global south suffer the most from the consequences, like drought, heat waves and floods. Especially poor and young people in the global North and South are bearing the consequences of a climate crisis they did not cause. The main focus of this training is the worldwide fight for climate justice. Together we want to look for positive role models and helpful competences to achieve a more peaceful and sustainable future for all of us.
The training will consist of the following modules:
- Workshops on understanding global warming e.g. „climatefresk“
- Workshops on just and sustainable nutrition e.g. „Food Justice“.
- Workshops with examples from Global Learning;
- Visit to the Rainforest Centre „Centre for Global Sustainability“ www.regenwaldzentrum.de
- Workshops on creative events and campaigns on climate justice
- Learning from best practice: Excursions to initiatives in Darmstadt and Frankfurt that work for climate justice, e.g. fridays for future, students for future.
Become part of the international community that stands up for sustainability, climate justice and a world without discrimination!
Bit by bit, we can steer the world in a more sustainable direction, where people and the climate comes before profit. We can all help to shape this change! About 25 youth and young adults from Europe and neighbouring countries are invited to the training. Some experience in youth or non-formal political education and the possibility to implement activities within your own organisation/network is required. The training results should be widely promoted and used in your own work!
Conditions for participation
- Date of arrival: 12.06.2023 in the afternoon
- Date of departure 19.06.2023 in the morning
- Age: 18+ (no upper limit)
- Working language: English
- Location: Jugendhof Bessunger Forst near Darmstadt
- Accommodation and food are included
- Participation fee: we try to adjust the fee to the purchasing power in the different countries
- Fee for participants from Austria: 40,-€
Fee for participants from Germany, West and North – European countries: 60,-€
Fee for participants from South and East European countries: 30,-€
- Reimbursement of the travel expenses is calculated according to the flat rate
of the ERASMUS + programme. We ask the participants to use sustainable
means of transport.
This a professional development activity of the Erasmus+ Programme co-financed by the European Union for which ICJA has received the quality label.